I am a huge fan of the copper trend that has been around for a little while….I am not talking about filling a room with it on every surface but adding accessories here and there to complement the existing space…copper can perk a room up and give it a modern edge twist.
There are plenty of options when it comes to adorning a space with copper accessories. Finishes can vary from worn and vintage to modern and shiny. Prices can also vary from low budget right up to skies the limit:
- This fab pendant lamp from Rockett St George has a gorgeous warm tone to it – its not too overwhelming and will work with many colour palettes!
- Add some glamour to your desk with this stunning vintage inspired box from Anthropologie…at just £10 its an affordable treat! You can use it to keep all kinds of goodies in from paper clips to spare change.
- Scatter cushions are a subtle way to add accent colour to a space. I really love the print on this Bloomingville Stars Copper Print cushion from Naken Interiors….the flecks of copper are gorgeous!!
- Want to store your belongings in style? This set from Idyll Home contains not one but three baskets and are perfect for storage. You could use one for laundry or even as a waste paper basket. I also recently spotted a cheaper version on the Habitat website if you don’t require a 3 set or are shopping around.
- I make no secret of my love of collecting candles and these little Copper Seed Pod tea light holders from Maud Interiors are definitely on my wish list!! They have an interesting, delicate texture which is produced by being hand beaten. The surface reflects the light from the candle emitting a warm orange hue on the surface.
- Just WOW! I love the sleek clean lines and the brilliant shiny finish of this Copper Basin Mixer Tap from Livinghouse. Combined with the right accessories this piece will look really striking and will add a focal point to any bathroom. Its modern finish differs from some of the more rustic, industrial finishes many brands are stocking.
- Wallpaper can be a simple way to add depth and colour to a room. There are some beautiful prints available that incorporate copper such as this Zhivago wallpaper ‘Copper’ sold by Nat Maks. The delicate print is not too overwhelming and can be applied to just one wall to make a ‘feature wall’ if you want to keep some of the walls in the room simple.
- If you really want to add a statement piece to a space there are some wonderful uses of copper for furniture too.